Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baby Logan

Where to begin... It's taken me 2 days to compose this blog post. Due in large part to the emotional investment I have in this kid! My cousin Geeter (yes, it's a nickname) is the oldest child of my mom's only sister. Brenda (Boo Boo). He and I share maternal grand parents. I'm the first born grandchild and he is the 3rd, there are only a few years between us. My oldest brother Herk (also a nickname... our family is full of them!) and I grew up closely with Geeter so one could argue he's more like a brother. I'm sure this is the case with a lot of families, so I know some of you will understand. Actually, my aunt Boo Boo's boys, along with my 3 siblings, all call me Sissy or Sister. So baby Logan is more to me than a cousin, but more like a nephew. And I couldn't help but get choked up when Geeter and Tracy told us on Thanksgiving 2012 that they were expecting. They will truly be great parents and this kid will have everything his heart desires!

For Mother's Day this year, I bought my aunt a locket I created (via Origami Owl www.lenslockets.origamiowl.com). I figured, how appropriate; it says Nana, like, "Nana Nana Boo Boo". :-)
 I was a little under the weather when Logan was born, so I wasn't able to make it to the hospital. My mom was there every step of the way though. I would expect nothing less though. A birthing room seems like the most natural environment for her. So at 4 days old, when I was feeling better, Geeter and Tracy brought him over for some newborn pics and quality time with his aunt Sissy and uncle Brian. It's pretty rare that I get to show "behind the scenes" type pics of me working, but Tracy took a few which I'm extremely grateful for. (Cute little crabby outfit courtesy of aunt Jenny).



And now ladies and gentleman, I introduce to you Mr. Logan James Stanley...

 The stuffed animals were gifts from his grandmas.

 He sure was comfy laying in that box!

 Just love those little feet and hands!

I got a smile :-)
 He certainly fits in to the family. A Potter fan already!

 And a Caps fan, naturally!

 And what other newborn do you know that can already belt out "Hail to the Redskins"?!
I'll end this post on a more sentimental note. Here is Logan with my favorite photo of his great-grandparents. Pop would be all too proud to take this munchkin fishing and hunting. Fortunately, he's got his grandpa and several uncles to pass down the tradition! And a Nanny to teach him how to feed the birds.
Little Logan, you light up my life and I'm so happy you are in this world :-) HUGS!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, great post...I love it! I still think he looks like a little eggroll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures, and what a heart breaker. <3 him !

    ReplyDelete